Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum
The forum of the Aberdeenshire Cricket Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  RSS 

Merging of G3 + G4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> The Club House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Le Chien
Cover drive
Cover drive

Cricket Club: Kemnay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Merging of G3 + G4 Reply with quote

Hi,

Just looking at the rules and whatnot and I'm a bit confused so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be mint haha;

Basically, looking at the rules - if G3 + 4 falls UNDER 16 then it is merged to one grade..

However, from what I can see - there are 16 teams in for next season meaning it should go 10 + 6 no? haha;

1. 2nd Grammar
2. 3rd Grammar
3. KKCC 1
4. KKCC 2
5. 2nd Gordos
6. 3rd Gordos
7. Knightriders 2nds
8. Dunecht
9. 2nd Methlick
10. 2nd Gordonians
11. 2nd Stonehaven
12. 2nd Ellon
13. Portcullis
14. Turriff
15. 2nd Banchory
16. 2nd Mannofield

Is it just because 3rd Grammar were later in getting an application in? Or am I mad and including a team who shouldn't be there? haha

Gonna have to try and conjure up 6 'first-teamers' now haha.
burnie
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

Cricket Club: Dunecht

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh my understanding is that as soon as Kintore merged with you & SDQX didn't reapply, that meant the number was below 16 so the two grades automatically merged.

Grammar's application came after that so they join the enlarged Grade 3
Andy Lowden
Outside edge
Outside edge

Cricket Club: Gordonians

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Merging of G3 & G4 Reply with quote

I think its 15 after all, check your #5 and #10 as they may be the same team ?
Olden but Golden
Outside edge
Outside edge

Cricket Club: Dunecht CC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But he's missed out Academy so that makes 16 Very Happy
Andy Lowden
Outside edge
Outside edge

Cricket Club: Gordonians

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject: G3 & 4 Reply with quote

But I think Grammar were late with application, not considered so back to 15...
puller
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will Be interesting to see if Grammar 3rds are allowed promotion this year seeing the application was received late! The grades impose a rule for one team it should be the same all round!
MrPurple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cricket Club: Portcullis

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what you're referring to there. Which clubs have been disallowed from being promoted for late registration of new teams?
Chris
Square cut
Square cut

Cricket Club: Inverurie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puller is refering to the fact that Kintore werent eligible for promotion last season in Grade 4 after pulling out of Grade 1.

Hopefully someone from Westburn wont be along later saying if the Grades had afforded them the same luxuary that they afforded Kintore then they might still be around today.

3rd Grammar's circumstances are slightly different i would say.
Art
Late cut
Late cut

Cricket Club: artisans

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nae sure Puller should be throwing stones after the 9 team Grade 1 debacle last season.
puller
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris if your are late why should there be exceptions!
Mr Art not so long ago the Cults-Artisans refused to accept promotion to Grade 1 therefore themselves making a mockery of Grades set up with regards to promotion and relegation.
MrPurple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cricket Club: Portcullis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My understanding is that Kintore were not eligible for promotion this season because they had requested that their 1st XI be dropped from grade 1 to grade 4. The normal procedure, of course, would have been for their 2nd XI to withdraw from grade 4 and their 1st XI to continue to play in grade 1.

I don't think it was anything to do with the lateness or otherwise of their request, but more to do with fairness to the other teams in grade 4 who would justifiably be quite miffed to find themselves suddenly having to compete for promotion against a grade 1 team.

And in any case - it turns out that Kintore are going to be playing in grade 3 next year anyway Rolling Eyes
Art
Late cut
Late cut

Cricket Club: artisans

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

puller wrote:

Mr Art not so long ago the Cults-Artisans refused to accept promotion to Grade 1

Yes and it was all communicated to the ACA in plenty of time thus allowing the leagues to be structured correctly and in adequate time for the new season.

Anyway, Im not the one chucking tantrums about cos the ACA have let a team join. Were losing teams every season, youre down from two to a half. Im not going to get myself worked up cos a clubs making the numbers go up the way.
logieboy
Outside edge
Outside edge

Cricket Club: Dunecht

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting? As some teams get stronger pulling in players for their extra teams some teams just get older and short of players. Sure it is good to get "new" players in but it is more important to help each other to flourish/survive.
Is the thirds a development side , a recreation side or do they prop up the firsts?.
Ask the captains of teams struggling every Friday night. Can we Pool teams and surplus players. Teams will always come and go but with support from each other the development group will start producing players? sometime soon?
BLEF
Play and miss
Play and miss

Cricket Club: Liquid

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye na Ive herd that the Kightriders are entering a 4th team? That would make a extra grade surely. Gonna play there games at the rear of ASDA Walmart Bridge of Dee, aberdeen.

...... Question

Regards,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> The Club House All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: