Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum
The forum of the Aberdeenshire Cricket Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  RSS 

Wides..again..
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> It's the Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pubcat
Cover drive
Cover drive

Cricket Club: Stonehaven

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then the only option you have is to fight fire with fire....... Enjoy your 10pm finishes on a Saturday!!!
Raoul
Square cut
Square cut

Cricket Club: Portcullis CC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't fight fire with fire if you bat first, apply the laws properly and then your opponents umpire by a completely different standard in the second innings, call three times as many wides and then complain about you calling too many.
Art
Late cut
Late cut

Cricket Club: artisans

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading that Grammar v. Knightwiders used the wide lines in their Grade 3 match at the weekend.

http://www.aberdeencricket.com/2013/07/fps-3rds-knightriders-2nds-draw-the-line-at-wides/

At least i think they did, but they’ve previous for some report-based tomfoolery with their “8 runs for a boundary” ruse last season.

Seems to have been a success, something the Grades should seriously consider, at least on a trial basis maybe in one of the Cups if not in every competition next season?

I get Raoul’s point about the “outside the line”, “no it wisna”, “aye it wis” possibilities but at least these lines give umpires something tangible for guidance.
LifeisOpen
Play and miss
Play and miss

Cricket Club: KRCC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa whoa…Hold on folks…

The reality is that all of us whine, complain, blame others, and try to avoid accountability. It's part of the human condition. All I hear is one side of the story here. What about the other side?

Nobody likes to admit that they've created problems themselves in first place. I can see here that some of them are trying to preserve a positive self-image and never realise what have done from their end.

Never forget the saying!! What goes around comes around.

It's often easier to talk about the team who is topping the league and try to tarnish their image. At worst you will get the sympathy. At best, you can play cricket with the same spirit of the game as you expect and see what the outcome would be…
The Lard
Cover drive
Cover drive

Cricket Club: Portcullis

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LifeisOpen wrote:
Whoa whoa…Hold on folks…

The reality is that all of us whine, complain, blame others, and try to avoid accountability. It's part of the human condition. All I hear is one side of the story here. What about the other side?

Nobody likes to admit that they've created problems themselves in first place. I can see here that some of them are trying to preserve a positive self-image and never realise what have done from their end.

Never forget the saying!! What goes around comes around.

It's often easier to talk about the team who is topping the league and try to tarnish their image. At worst you will get the sympathy. At best, you can play cricket with the same spirit of the game as you expect and see what the outcome would be…

The Floor is open. Let's hear your side of the story then!
Raoul
Square cut
Square cut

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It must be difficult being the team at the top of the league.

Especialy if you are the only club in the grades that knows how to call wides properly and week in, week out, every other team gets it wrong resulting in them callin a third of the wides that you do.

It must be really tough.

Heartbreaking.
puller
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully we will beat them this sat fair and square. But it will be a hard game for us since we are missing 9 1st team boys for the most important game of our season with holidays,work and weddings I think we will doing the rain dance all this week!!!!
valentino
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

Cricket Club: Ellon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to agree with Raoul, painting extra lines on the pitch (ignoring the the f*** all chances you've got of getting the council to get that close to rite) is not going to make a blind bit of difference to the blatant 'cheating' that unfortunately sometimes happens, if you can't get some players, and that makes it worse, PLAYERS, that are umpiring to fairly acknowledge the crease line what chance do you have of getting them to pay any attention to "some extra line"??

Really why don't we just name and shame the guilty here and maybe that will embarrass their captains into stoping this happening or even better to embarrass them into being a bit more honest
Raoul
Square cut
Square cut

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valentino, it would be a nice idea but the club involved is well beyond embarrasment or shame. They don't care so long as they win.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> It's the Law All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: