Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum
The forum of the Aberdeenshire Cricket Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  RSS 

Big Success!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> The Club House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raoul
Square cut
Square cut

Cricket Club: Portcullis CC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Big Success! Reply with quote

Things must be going pretty well for cricket in Aberdeenshire, we must be turning people away and struggling for grounds to get all our cricket played.

It was the big Friends Of Duthie Park Open Day today with all sorts of stalls and local sports clubs and organisations in attendance. My friends at Granite City Roller Girls had a stall there trying to attract more interest in their sport, photos now all over their Facebook page.

Of course Roller Derby isn't played at DP. Or any of the other sports or activities that had a presence there like golf, Wrestling, country dancing, cheerleaders, etc. All trying to get new members from the thousands going about the park

The only sport played at Duthie Park is cricket (not that most Aberdonians know about it) and we're doing a smashing job of keeping it a secret.

So I nipped over to the Grades Facebook page to post a suggestion that maybe we could get involved in this sort of thing and found:

1) There's no way of making contact with the grades ordering comments through Facebook but that hardly matters because

2) Nothing has been posted for two months.

Two months! During the summer! No league tables, results, match reports, shared articles, daft cricket videos, photos or Blazing rows about umpiring.

Nothing! For two months!

Almost every club is on Facebook or Twitter. And their presence is regularly used. It's a market place, a shop window for our sport.

Meanwhile, cricket may not be dying up here but it certainly isn't healthy.

Perhaps it's time The Grades took measures to try and increase crickets visibility in the North East. I'm sure there are plenty of players who would give up time to help if we just had a little direction and some kind of plan.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> The Club House All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: