Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum
The forum of the Aberdeenshire Cricket Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  RSS 

Did anyone here used to play for Boddam?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> The Club House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
user85
Chinese cut
Chinese cut

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Did anyone here used to play for Boddam? Reply with quote

Hi folks, i stumbled on to this site kind of by accident. I live in Southern US now so had to give up cricket (for now - there is rumours of a local bunch of lads that play cricket on a sunday im going to try out in spring). Anyway just wondering if anyone on the forum used to play for Boddam, Has anyone in their teams that used to play for Boddam or just remembered playing Smile (i played in the death years from about 1995-2002 when we had to unfortunately fold due to lack of players)

Cheers, happy new year to everyone and may all of you score a 50/take 5 wickets this year Smile

(edited to add:- is it possible to keep my title (play and miss) next to my name no matter how many posts i have. It is most apt for me Laughing )
MrPurple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cricket Club: Portcullis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Did anyone here used to play for Boddam? Reply with quote

Boddamer wrote:
(edited to add:- is it possible to keep my title (play and miss) next to my name no matter how many posts i have. It is most apt for me Laughing )

'Tis done.

Happy New Year. Very Happy
user50
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Did anyone here used to play for Boddam? Reply with quote

Boddamer wrote:
may all of you score a 50/take 5 wickets this year

If I manage that for the entire season i'd be happy Wink
Brocher
Chinese cut
Chinese cut

Cricket Club: Fraserburgh

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Did anyone here used to play for Boddam? Reply with quote

Theres a few lads at the Broch played for Boddam.
Your old skipper Mark Oldham, Jamie Clark plays when the football season finishes, John Clark.
user85
Chinese cut
Chinese cut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Did anyone here used to play for Boddam? Reply with quote

Brocher wrote:
Theres a few lads at the Broch played for Boddam.
Your old skipper Mark Oldham, Jamie Clark plays when the football season finishes, John Clark.

Yeah i saw Mark got a 100 for you this year. Say hi to them from Barry (the rubbish player) and tell them to get their [deleted] on here (especially John for a slagging)
the embezzler
On drive
On drive

Cricket Club: caley

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grant Cordiner and Scott Gordon are now playing at Caledonian. I was in Boddam at the weekend ...... its still raining !!!!
user85
Chinese cut
Chinese cut

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the embezzler wrote:
Grant Cordiner and Scott Gordon are now playing at Caledonian. I was in Boddam at the weekend ...... its still raining !!!!

Yeah i saw Grants name as a contact on a website or other.

As for Boddam, did you get out before the Hail/Snow/Sun for a few seconds or did you just catch the rain or cold Laughing
the embezzler
On drive
On drive

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

typical trip to Boddam.
Glorious day in Aberdeen for late May, meet at 11am for trip to Boddam.
Temperature hits 28c as we leave BOD. We are all glad to have remembered sunglasses, sunblock and shorts as the car windows are rolled right down.
Scorching in Balmedie and unbearable in Foveran.
26c in Hatton and 24c in Longhaven.
Up over Stirling Hill for the 1st view of the fog covering Boddam.
The rain has now turned to sleet and the water is now pouring thru the hole in the changing rooms roof.
Simon the Boddam captain has apoligised for the lack of running water (apart from afor mentioned roof) and has asked us not to carp in the toilet. Simon has then asked for a slight postponment while he nips down to the Buchaness to look for players as only 4 have turned up and Mark is offshore. Jamie and Stevie are mingin and wont get out of their beds.
We eventually get started at 3pm in the snow. Boddam has now 7 player, the original 4, 2 guys from the pub and Barry. Later a pensioner walking his dog makes it up to 9.
Simon and Grant make an impressive start and Boddam are 44-2.
2 overs later 45-AO with a lucky leg bye.
The heavens really open now and the snow is drifting and the draw is offered and accepted.
We arrive back home in Aberdeen to be told that it has been 30c all day.
We all agree that we can not wait for the next trip to Boddam while sitting in the pub beer garden as our shorts steam.
user85
Chinese cut
Chinese cut

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the embezzler wrote:
typical trip to Boddam.
....the next trip to Boddam while sitting in the pub beer garden as our shorts steam.

Yeah sounds familiar. I remember one game in our last year that it was boiling hot, and i hat to open bowling with Simon. I bowled about 5 overs and got a break due to heat and suddenly a big black cloud could be seen. 5 minutes later it is bucketing down, turning to sleet/snow at times. This continues for 30minutes before the sun comes back out. Shocked
Boddamer
Play and miss
Play and miss

Cricket Club: Old Boddam

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boddam cricket club was a legend in its own right.. It was a cryin' shame what happened and to be honest Boddam has never been the same again..

Hopefully get a game for the broch iss year . . . Cool
the embezzler
On drive
On drive

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who are you Boddamer??
ex boddamer
Outside edge
Outside edge

Cricket Club: Boddam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to know too, (this is the now defunct user85 re-done).

It certainly was a shame what happened to Boddam, too many people (myself included) left at the same time, and there just wasn't enough people wanting to play any more. All this a mere 2 years after a great title winning team too.
Chris
Square cut
Square cut

Cricket Club: Inverurie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know what happened to Simon Wright? I know he played for Fraserburgh for a season or so after Boddam folded then he moved south?
ex boddamer
Outside edge
Outside edge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the last time i spoke to/heard about Simon was when i had to tell him i wouldn't be able to play the year we went under.

If anyone is able to, tell him to come on to the forum and say hi Smile
JuanYounis
Play and miss
Play and miss

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

Simon here. Was just reminiscing about the good old Boddam days and this came up on Google.

My cricket days are long since behind me since I moved south as I'm too busy with work. Hope all is well up there.

Boddam may be dead but long live Boddam !!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> The Club House All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: