Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum
The forum of the Aberdeenshire Cricket Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  RSS 

DP Wedding 18th August

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> The Club House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul
Square cut
Square cut

Cricket Club: Cults/Whitfords

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: DP Wedding 18th August Reply with quote

F' me, if a wedding party needs that amount of space then I would not like to be the poor [deleted] who picks up that catering bill.

what utter p1sh. was it not so long ago that a report stated that there would be cricket played there on saturdays for the forseeable future?

I assume it must be a councillors wedding to cancel all that cricket. hope it p1shes down with rain that day. Maybe its the wediing of those two [deleted] councillors?
MrPurple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cricket Club: Portcullis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bit harsh, Paul.

I'd like to know when the council first new about this and why we only got two weeks notice of cancellation of fixtures that have been booked since April. Presumably an event of this size would have been in planning for several months.

I'd also be interested to know what priority is given to cricket in comparison to all the other things that go on in Duthie Park. Presumaby there must be some kind of event that the council would consider too trivial to be given the go-ahead - there must be some point at which they would say "No - actually you can't do that because the park has already been booked for three games of cricket that day and it is going to cause massive disruption and difficulty to reschedule those games". It doesn't seem like it though. As it stands we're below horse shows, beer festivals, ballet shows, rock concerts, weddings, and I wonder what else. Wheel barrow displays? Frisbee competitions? WRI bake sales? Clown races?

Maybe we're going about it the wrong way by booking DP as sports pitches through Aberdeen leisure. Maybe we should invent 18 ludicrous events and book it for them, then turn up and play cricket instead.

"Hello, is that Aberdeen City Council?"

"Yes".

"I'd like to book Duthie Park for 3 consecutive Saturdays in June. We're planning a historical re-enactment of Hillary and Tensing's ascent or Everest".

"Great idea - on you go. Those nice flat squares with the really short grass would be an ideal place to make your base camp".
jim ironside
Chinese cut
Chinese cut

Cricket Club: formely turriff cricket club

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: duthie park weddings. Reply with quote

has anybody from the grades said to the council

"sorry we have 3 cricket matches scheduled for that date, so we are unable to change our dates"

this then puts the problem back in the councils plate.

if you have dealings with council departments day in day out you will find that if you stand up to them they bottle it and back down.

cricket needs to put cricket first - so stand your ground ACA.
Steve Reid
Square cut
Square cut

Cricket Club: Ellon/ Ports CC (WA)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the point of making a booking/reservation if this is what can happen with only two weeks notice. I think either we or the glorious council have become confused as to the actual meaning of the word booked/reservation. If we had it booked then we have first dibs or it simply can't be a reservation/booking.

Surely, as Jim says if we stood up for ourselves and told them to [deleted] off to the winter gardens, pond or some other area then this may happen but if we simply roll over then this will happen time and time again.
user35
Chinese cut
Chinese cut

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either that, or just turn up and pitch the stumps in whatever is on the wicket, you never know, one game may take place in the beer tent.

Ever seen a game with 7 slips and two gully's? Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> The Club House All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: