Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum
The forum of the Aberdeenshire Cricket Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  RSS 

Grade 2 title run in
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> The Club House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilly
Reverse sweep
Reverse sweep

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:50 pm    Post subject: Grade 2 title run in Reply with quote

[Edit by MrPurple. Split from this topic]

Quality odds there Art, may have a wee flutter on you boys having a root around second place tho I wager me old Bukta cap against a shiny British pound that Cults will have a wee say in the eventual destination of the runners up spot. Agreed that Mannofield will require a collapse larger than the horrific gaping hole that is all that remained of Danniella Westbrook's cocain laden nose (allegedly) but you must be joining her in the juicy fruit if you think Academy will be there. Kemnay will miss Steve Barron (is he on holiday?) and I dont think the Gordos or Crescent will do it. I will refrain at this moment from copying and pasting the mighty masterplan of the web guru Z lest you fa to ih groon P-in yersel, he may wish to join the debate at a time when he is LESS busy becoming a property magnate!!!
crescentboy
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

Cricket Club: Crescent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: Grade 2 run-out.....I mean run-in Reply with quote

Can't see Mannofield not being in the top 2, so a question of who actually wants to go up to Grade 1...............

Not many of the teams in contention have expressed much interest in going up, so maybe the team that unintentionally wins all their remaining games, will be dragged kicking and screaming from being the big boys in Primary 7, to become the poor [deleted] with the "Kick Me" note stuck on his blazer at the big-boys school!!

We'd love to get promoted and sample Grade 1.........teas!!
Art
Late cut
Late cut

Cricket Club: artisans

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gilly, if Z's masterplan is as outrageous as his cricketing attire, he can keep it to hissell.

Anyway, an interesting point c.b. - do any of the teams want to go up, when they'd be gimmel-on to take a tanking every week (see Kemnay, season 2005).

In discussions with Gilly, when they still looked to have a chance, he intimated that Cults 2nds would probably turn down promotion should they have finished in the top two.

So, my question then is - if it's alright for them to do it (and effectively go against the Grades constitution), why couldn't any other club???
Greeny
Cover drive
Cover drive

Cricket Club: Ellon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have thought Cults 2nds couldn't be promoted seeing that they already have a team in Grade 1.
z
Cover drive
Cover drive

Cricket Club: CCC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Gilly may have expressed a personal view that the Cults 2nds would knock back promotion, this may not be the view of other members of the club. As far as I am aware there is nothing in the constitution to prevent a club having two teams in Grade 1.

I for one would be perfectly happy to take a beating in Grade 1 on a fairly regular basis if in the longer term the players realised that their game has to be raised both with the bat and ball to survive. There is no doubt in my mind that playing against better cricketers can only improve your game, as long as your mental attitude to defeat is correct.

Hypothetically if the Cults 2nd's for example were head and shoulders above everyone else in grade 2 (I did say hypothetically) and kept winning every game and finishing top of Grade 2 with 100% every season but refused promotion, this would be disrespectful to the other clubs in the grade. (I totally said hypothetically by the way).

These views are mine and may not be shared by my club.

Cheers

Z
gilly
Reverse sweep
Reverse sweep

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Z is correct in stating that there is nothing in the constitution for any Club to have 2 teams in G1 but I hasten to add that when I mentioned this to the the nemesis that is Art, I merely stated that on a personal basis it may be better for the Two's to remain a G2 side, provided we dont get relegated!!!!! Any club's Management committee would have to make the decision whether they wanted two teams in the same grade and if so whether there would then become a them and us scenario within the club which may be detrimental to the strength of the entire club. Z is also correct that playing with and against better players does improve your game in my opinion (personal improvement excepted) but it could also be a bit demoralising for the younger players to get carted every week. Now Art, regarding Z's personal attire, there is also nothing in the constitution which says polystyrene leg guards, white helmets and Springsteen bananas are not allowed, why only last night at nets we were treated to the sight of the new ORANGE batting inner, which helped his fwd defensive no end at all. Good effort Z, very impressed.
JuniorMcBrine
Play and miss
Play and miss

Cricket Club: Anchorians

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:16 am    Post subject: Bananas? Reply with quote

[quote="Gilly"]Now Art, regarding Z's personal attire, there is also nothing in the constitution which says polystyrene leg guards, white helmets and Springsteen bananas are not allowed[/quote]

Are the bananas for feeding the spectators at some of the less salubrious grounds on the ACA circuit?
gilly
Reverse sweep
Reverse sweep

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheddocksley? bananas=bandanas
gilly
Reverse sweep
Reverse sweep

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting interesting now Art, yer odds are looking poo noo!!!!
Art
Late cut
Late cut

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah but Gilly I’ve a couple hunner on Crescent at Arto-Bet-Me-Happy.net’s very generous 33 to 1. And guess what? They’re second and we play them this weekend…….. has anyone ever walked for an l.b. shout before??? Well, aye they have – Ronnie Munro at Allan Park a couple of seasons ago (nae doot needin to get a heed-start on the teas), but anyway, you catching my drift??? Wink

PS……….
See your Grade 2 boys have risen like a phoenix from the flames in the last couple of weeks, sneaking up on the outside rail to fourth spot. Surely your absence from yer seconds during this period of renaissance is purely coincidental?
gilly
Reverse sweep
Reverse sweep

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They cudna get anither feel tae stun ahin ih stumps tae Tatsats bowling!! Z's bin leadin fae ih front but it interesting???? And yes, purely coincidental ya fuddette Rolling Eyes Laughing
Art
Late cut
Late cut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What’s the score with Stoney-Dyce then? Will all their games be null and void? Constitution says “If during a season a Club fails to fulfil at least two-thirds of its fixtures all matches played by that Club shall be null and void”.

Does that mean two-thirds of the complete lot of 18 scheduled fixtures, or is that two-thirds of 18 minus void (due to rain) games? They’ve had 4 games rained off/voided, so takes them down to 14 actual games to play, and as they’ve already scratched 5 they’d be over the limit already.

It does make a difference to what’s what at the top, if you take SDCC’s games out Artisans are one percent above Crescent, but if SDCC stay in then Crescent have the one percent advantage. Would be nice to know what the situation is before this weekend’s game.
MrPurple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cricket Club: Portcullis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 2/3rds of their total fixtures, and games voided due to weather count as "played". i.e. teams may not scratch more than 6 games in a season. If SDCC scratch one more, all their games are void.
Art
Late cut
Late cut

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers, but as they've scratched 5 then surely they need to scratch 2 more to be removed from the league? One more scratch would mean they'd met the target of playing two-thirds. Just.
MrPurple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cricket Club: Portcullis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mistake. You're right - they need to scratch 2 more - 7 in total - to have all their games voided.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> The Club House All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: