Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum
The forum of the Aberdeenshire Cricket Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  RSS 

Registration of Juniors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> It's the Law
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Under what age should there be no need for a player to be registered to a club
Under 18
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Under 17
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Under 16
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 16

slip catcher
Cover drive
Cover drive

Cricket Club: Anchorians

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Registration of Juniors Reply with quote

There's been plenty of discussion re not having to registers juniors to a club to encourage participation.

If Anchorians were to submit such a proposal I'm confident we would get enough supporting clubs to take it to the AGM (volunteers?) but what should the age limit be?

Under 18, Under 17 or Under 16?

Please vote above.

Ta.
Art
Late cut
Late cut

Cricket Club: artisans

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to go with under 16 cos there's some pretty high-level players in the 17 to 18 age bracket and i don't fancy getting skelped all over Allan Park twice in successive weeks by some plooky-faced mercenary.
Ivanhoe
Cover drive
Cover drive

Cricket Club: Augustiner CC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

18,the more cricket the better for the young uns.
slip catcher
Cover drive
Cover drive

Cricket Club: Anchorians

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloomin' heck - a hundred and seventy odd views and only ten votes - no wonder we can't elect a government!!

C'mon folks all you need do is click the mouse - it's anonymous, is not binding and may just make a difference in the long run.
MrPurple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cricket Club: Portcullis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art wrote:
I'm going to go with under 16 cos there's some pretty high-level players in the 17 to 18 age bracket and i don't fancy getting skelped all over Allan Park twice in successive weeks by some plooky-faced mercenary.

I understand your point, although in practice I think that'd be pretty unlikely. If they are that good they'll be playing for their club.
Art
Late cut
Late cut

Cricket Club: artisans

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty opportunity to play Grades one day and SNCL/Strathie the other.

But i'm nae bothered, was being facetious, I don't mind when juniors play nor for whom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> It's the Law All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: