Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum
The forum of the Aberdeenshire Cricket Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  RSS 

Twenty20 Cup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> The Club House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Art
Late cut
Late cut

Cricket Club: artisans

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:29 pm    Post subject: Twenty20 Cup Reply with quote

This has the potential to be a good crowd puller, but I have to say it’s really poorly covered in the press (as far as I can see). And why doesn’t it start earlier in the year – I’ve talked to some of the players who’ve taken part, and they say that basically if you win the toss you win the game – why isn’t it set so that the middle of the tournament coincides with the longest day?

What’s been happening this season? I see Shire beat the Grades in the first game (Who does S.McGillewie play for by the way?), what was the score in Tuesday night’s Stoney-Dyce v Shire game?
user63
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon is Mannofield's Strathmore Union amateur. Tends to score runs very quickly...
MrPurple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cricket Club: Portcullis

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Twenty20 Cup Reply with quote

Art Isan wrote:
What’s been happening this season? I see Shire beat the Grades in the first game (Who does S.McGillewie play for by the way?), what was the score in Tuesday night’s Stoney-Dyce v Shire game?

No idea, but rest assured it'll appear on the site just as soon as somebody lets me know the result.
Art
Late cut
Late cut

Cricket Club: artisans

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonty wrote:
Simon is Mannofield's Strathmore Union amateur. Tends to score runs very quickly...

Scores on this site have him as scoring 30 for the Grades - was he playing for them, or is it a typo?
gilly
Reverse sweep
Reverse sweep

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art, there wasn't a game on Tuesday nicht, Aberdeenshire called off the game to protect their pitch for the weekend as there was rain forecast but..... aparently....... this scratching wasn't communicated to SDCC who were, understandably, "less than diplomatic but fuming at not being informed that Shire had scratched".

Forum missing word quiz: Boot, Foot, Other, Kettle, Calling, Black ............
user11
On drive
On drive

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

I getcha now Gilly. Wink

What goes around comes around indeed. Twisted Evil
user63
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure of the history of Tuesday's scratching, am currently in retirement, emerging occasionally from under a pile of my new born twins' nappies! Will be sad to miss the game with the Artos on Saturday - always enjoy a competitive game
user46
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Twenty20 Cup Reply with quote

Art Isan wrote:
This has the potential to be a good crowd puller, but I have to say it’s really poorly covered in the press (as far as I can see). And why doesn’t it start earlier in the year – I’ve talked to some of the players who’ve taken part, and they say that basically if you win the toss you win the game – why isn’t it set so that the middle of the tournament coincides with the longest day?

Agree re promotion and timing of this event : for example playing on a tuesday when 100 cricketers could be playing in the evening league !!!!
Mind you there are some people in Aberdeen who consider that what goes on at places away from Mannofield or Peoples Park is NOT cricket
MrPurple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cricket Club: Portcullis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Twenty20 Cup Reply with quote

Captain Birdseye wrote:
Mind you there are some people in Aberdeen who consider that what goes on at places away from Mannofield or Peoples Park is NOT cricket

To be fair, Aberdeenshire (aka "The Gardeners") used to play in the Aberdeen Evening Cricket League on Tuesday evenings. They were the league champions last year.
z
Cover drive
Cover drive

Cricket Club: CCC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard when they were chasing a really big total they were known as the 'Uphill Gardeners'. Very Happy

Can anyone confirm this was the case Question

Z
Steve Reid
Square cut
Square cut

Cricket Club: Ellon/ Ports CC (WA)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave it out Z, just because our Gardener friends "shift dung" for a profession!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> The Club House All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: