Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum
The forum of the Aberdeenshire Cricket Association

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in  RSS 

"These are a few of my favourite things..."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> The Club House
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtoD2
On drive
On drive

Cricket Club: Artisans

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: "These are a few of my favourite things..." Reply with quote

As the dust almost settles on the season, thought it would be nice to share a couple of recollections on the summer.
My favourite quote comes from our hammering at Kemnay, when Steve Barron totally blitzed us with a 20-over ton. Our sole success with the ball that day was when young Fyffe edged to Roy Ritchie for a golden.
Later on, when Roy was informed that Fyffe was from Fettes, he remarked, "Aye? Well tell him he's jist been caught by Roy fae Kincorth."
The class struggle lives on!!
In our match at Dunecht, I felt their 'keeper's support for his bowlers went well beyond the call of duty. Mair than a puckle o' wides were delivered. An apparently sincere "Great bowling, buddy," greeted each wayward delivery. "That gives you an extra ball to get him." Sorry 'keeper, wrong - check the scorebook!
Let's keep'em coming lads!
user63
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal high and low points...

I took a wee while to recover my sense of humour after getting run out first ball of the season against Academy. Sandz, we were indeed pish that day, I put it down to our "posh" pre-match feast of lobster, foie gras and lark's tongue Laughing

Whilst despatching a rich diet of wide half volleys against a Stoneywood opening bowler , he was clearly offended at my impudence (and probably a bit miffed he was playing in Grade 2 Wink) and suggested I should be playing in "Grade 5". Very poor chat. And later finding out that the P and J photographer had decided to use the picture of a Bagpuss forward defensive in the Monday's paper (technically perfect as it was Wink)

The one I'd wished I'd been there for: second's out for Kemnay boxing bout at the links, no doubt!! Shocked
slip catcher
Cover drive
Cover drive

Cricket Club: Anchorians

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High must be "Sumo" Lambleys majestic 160 at DP viewed and photographed by myself from the bowlers end and square leg.

Low got to be playing both games against Cults 2nds and not getting to humble Gilly with my devious seamers coz he was playing in the big team

Other high was Alexander (fruit of my loins) aged 7 making his debut for Anchorians in the field. He didn't get a bat but it does mean he still stands a chance of century on debut!!

Last edited by slip catcher on Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:49 am; edited 1 time in total
gilly
Reverse sweep
Reverse sweep

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

High: Bon Accord cup final
Low: Not playing against Anchorians twice and missing out on spanking slipcatcher to the boundary and increasing my averages!!!!!
user62
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highs, Picking up the P&J on a Monday and seeing Academys games void. ( Meant i didn't miss a thing).
Lows, Picking up the P&J on a Monday and seeing Academys games on.
Academy for ever Laughing
user46
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal High ; Running a three at the links for the first time in ....Oh I dont know how long
Team High ; Turning out 11 for every game again

As Alan Davidson of Austrialia And L'stershire said to someone complaining about his lack of form .. "You get low when playing cricket !!!! I get low when I'm not playing it! " so my low was the day after the season ends
user50
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well...personally speaking...

Highs: Making my official day-boo at the Links v Mannofield...still canna believe we screwed that 'un up Smile

Lows: Being stranded on 2no v Artos cos oor Captain refused to take a single...he was bowled just 2 balls later and replaced by one of our junior members who was unable to get a run off the 4 balls left and was bowled on the last ball of the innings.
Also, see highs Wink
user62
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Captain Birdseye wrote:
Personal High ; Running a three at the links for the first time in ....Oh I dont know how long
Team High ; Turning out 11 for every game again

As Alan Davidson of Austrialia And L'stershire said to someone complaining about his lack of form .. "You get low when playing cricket !!!! I get low when I'm not playing it! " so my low was the day after the season ends

Hi Cap'n, I am going to ask if your team can get a game on DP2 when the pitch is cut nearest to the toilets. Then we will get one of your players ( cos I don't think you will manage to hit the ball this far) to hit the little red thing into the corner beyond the bandstand and I gurantee you will run more than 3. Speaking from experience I know that it can take a relay team of 3 players to ferry the ball back to the stumps, If you can't manage to run a minimum of 4 runs when this occurs I suggest you enrol at weightwatchers !!! Shocked P.S.. Who is Alan Davidson... sounds like someone who works in the fish hoose.
MrPurple
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cricket Club: Portcullis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandz wrote:
Who is Alan Davidson...

See here
user46
Forward defensive
Forward defensive

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrPurple wrote:
Sandz wrote:
Who is Alan Davidson...

See here

Aye Sandz

its nae just you that wished we could get a game on DP2 " NEAR THE TOILETS"........ its nae just my legs thats geting jiggered
user31
Chinese cut
Chinese cut

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High for the season. Pulling hamstring against Stoneywood-Dyce, Batting on one leg with a runner and carting there opening bowlers to all parts. Managed my highest ever score of 66 and put on a hundred partnership in about 9 overs.
ArtoD2
On drive
On drive

Cricket Club: Artisans

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there Acaboy,
Was I just hallucinating or did your 'good times/bad times' not originally include a wee reference to Allan Park, now mysteriously erased/edited from the air-waves Question

Yer nae feart o' Gilly surely - we a' ken he's a big [deleted]*-cat at heart!

(*Can you believe that my moggy metaphor has been rejected Crying or Very sad )
user31
Chinese cut
Chinese cut

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's funny you should mention that Arto but yes it did. And as everyone in the history of cricket knows our wonderful friends at Allan Park have always had discount rates from Vision Express for there block eye exams.

Not guilty for the removal of the comments though. Must have been the powers that be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aberdeenshire Cricket Association :: Forum Index -> The Club House All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: